Constructed from Polartec® NeoShell®, Vanir delivers true breathability, stretch and robustness in a lightweight and fully waterproof package. The favoured bib for mountain rescue teams and international mountain guides, the Vanir salopette is also a popular choice amongst ski mountaineers. With articulated and reinforced knees, two sets of swappable zip-out gaiters sized for ski and climbing boots, stretch-woven back, harness-friendly ¾ length side zips and full-sized Kevlar™ instep protectors, the Vanir is the professional mountain climbing salopette of choice.
Vanir Hardshell Salopette
Hands warm, valuables protected
Two hip pockets offer valuables storage or hand protection. YKK® Aquaguard® coil zips are water repellant, flexible and hard wearing.
Adjustability, built in
Elasticated, adjustable braces feature electroplated metal fixings for durability. The braces are easily detached at the front for lowering and removal of the salopettes when wearing a jacket on top.
Detachable internal gaiters with elasticated gripper cuff, electroplated metal boot clasp and internal cord cinch for a tight seal. YKK® Aquaguard® ¾ length two-way leg zips sized to stop short of harness pressure points.
Vertical for the vertical
The vertical alignment of the bib chest pockets ensures sufficient volume for valuables storage. YKK® Aquaguard® coil zips are water repellant, flexible and hard wearing. The pockets feature durable mesh inners to promote breathability and temperature regulation when working hard.
Vanir mountain salopette uses a 3 layer Polartec® NeoShell® fabric. NeoShell® has a highly aerobic air permeability which provides a durable protective shell with advanced wicking capabilities to keep moisture vapour moving away from your core. Prior to the invention of NeoShell® the elusive balance between waterproof and windproof protection and true breathability had yet to exist in a hard shell fabric. Jottnar uses only Polartec® NeoShell® in our waterproof, breathable fabrics.
Ski or climb
Two swappable sets of zip out/zip in gaitors are provided. Each set is sized for the differing ankle volumes of ski boots and climbing boots respectively. The provided stuff sack keeps them secure when not in use.
- Design & Construction
- Features & Components
- Technical Data
Design & Construction
- New grade of waterproof, breathable, stretch, 3 layer Polartec® NeoShell®
- Breathable, stretch-woven back panel
- Streamlined, articulated cut
- Reinforced knees and seat
- Diamond crotch for strength and durability
- Colours: Black/Charcoal, Digital Blue/Charcoal, Eucalyptus Yellow/Charcoal
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
Features & Components
- Kevlar™ reinforced in-step protectors
- New elasticated, adjustable, detachable braces with electroplated fixings
- YKK® Aquaguard® water repellent two-way front zip with external storm flap
- YKK® Aquaguard® ¾ length two-way leg zips sized to stop short of harness pressure points
- Two hip pockets with YKK® Aquaguard® water repellent zips
- Vertically aligned chest pockets with YKK® zips
- Corded, glove compatible zip pulls
- Detachable internal gaiters with elasticated gripper cuff and boot clasp. Two swappable sets are provided with gripper cuffs sized for ski boots and climbing boots
- Embroidered logos
- Weight: 690g / 1lb 8.3oz (men’s medium)
- Fabric weight: 168g/m²
- Hydrostatic head: 10,000mm minimum
- Air permeability: 0.5 ft²/min/ft²
Read the reviews
Our overall opinion for these pants was unanimous, and put simply we feel these are the best pants we have ever worn in the hills.
Using NeoShell instead of any other membrane is the key; the incredible breathability is not only noticeable, it's a pleasure to try and push its limits.
The attention to detail is amazing, the stitch count is high. The laser cutting is precise and all the fittings are well thought out and high quality.