Based on the Vanir salopette, and sharing the same durable grade of 80 denier Polartec® Neoshell®, the Vanir LT provides all the functionality of its big brother but with increased versatility. With articulated and reinforced knees, two sets of swappable zip-out gaiters sized for ski and climbing boots, harness-friendly ¾ length water repellent side zips, fully detachable braces and full-sized Kevlar™ instep protectors, the Vanir LT has widely become the choice of mountain rescue teams, mountain guides and ski mountaineers. It delivers true breathability, stretch and robustness in a lightweight, versatile and fully waterproof package.
Vanir LT Hardshell Pant
Secure, adjustable comfort
The elasticated waist cinch, internal belt and double press studs ensure a comfortable, easily adjusted and secure fit.
Detachable internal gaiters with elasticated gripper cuff, electroplated metal boot clasp and internal cord cinch for a tight seal. YKK® Aquaguard® ¾ length two-way leg zips sized to stop short of harness pressure points.
Hands warm, valuables protected
Two hip pockets offer hand protection during the walk-in as well as storage. YKK® Aquaguard® coil zips are water repellent, flexible and hard-wearing.
Leave no gaps
Fully detachable non-slip braces. A high waist provides seamless lower back protection when worn under a jacket – no gaps.
Adjustability, built in
Elasticated, adjustable braces feature electroplated metal fixings for durability. The braces are easily detached at the front and rear for lowering and removal when wearing a jacket on top.
Ski or climb
Two swappable sets of zip out/zip in gaiters are provided. Each set is sized for the differing ankle volumes of ski boots and climbing boots respectively. The provided stuff sack keeps them secure when not in use.
- Design & Construction
- Features & Components
- Technical Data
Design & Construction
- Waterproof, breathable, stretch, 3-layer, 80 denier Polartec® NeoShell® fabric
- Streamlined, articulated cut
- Reinforced knees and seat
- Diamond crotch for strength and durability
- Colours: Black, Digital Blue
- Sizes: XS, S, M, L
Features & Components
- Kevlar™ reinforced instep protectors
- Improved elasticated, adjustable, detachable braces with electroplated fixings
- YKK® Aquaguard® water resistant two-way front zip with external storm flap
- YKK® Aquaguard® ¾ length two-way leg zips sized to stop short of harness pressure points
- Two hip pockets with YKK® Aquaguard® water repellent zips
- Corded, glove compatible zip pulls
- Detachable internal gaiters with elasticated gripper cuff and boot clasp. Two swappable sets are provided with gripper cuffs sized for ski boots and climbing boots
- Embroidered logos
- Fabric weight: 168g/m²
- Garment weight: 614g (women’s small)
- Hydrostatic head: 10,000mm minimum
- Air permeability: 0.5ft²/min/ft²
It is likely that you haven't heard of the Jottnar brand but rest assured that this company has hit the ground running. Delivering high performance technical outerwear that rivals any of the current big name brands. The Vanir LT was hands down the best pair of ski pants I have ever had the opportunity to abuse, no babying required. After 50 days of ski touring, snowmobiling, and helicopter bumps and hut to hut ski traverses the pants remain in almost new condition with hardly any signs of wear. The Vanir LT has greatly out preformed and out lasted any other piece of outerwear I've abused over the years. I can't justify pulling anything else out of the closet.